Chopps Champions 2018 Official Rules
BOSTON MARRIOTT BURLINGTON / CHOPPS AMERICAN BAR AND GRILL
“CHOPPS CHAMPIONS: A SALUTE TO LOCAL HEROES” OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: ‘CHOPPS CHAMPIONS SALUTE TO LOCAL HEREOS” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at time of entry.
2. Sponsor: Boston Marriott Burlington/Chopps American Bar and Grill, 1 Burlington Mall Road, Burlington, MA 01803 (“Sponsor”). Neither Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”), nor their respective parents, affiliates or subsidiaries are responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The nomination period of the Sweepstakes begins Monday, March 12, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), and ends Friday, March 30, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST. The voting period of the Sweepstakes begins Monday, April 2, 2018 at 8:00 a.m. EST, and ends Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
5. How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the “Chopps Champions” contest application on the Chopps American Bar and Grill Facebook Fan Page. Users may also enter the Sweepstakes by visiting the micro-website hosted on www.choppschampions.com. Entries submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period shall be disqualified. Limited to one (1) entry per person, per category, per email address and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of the method of entry. Entries in excess of the stated limit shall be made void. All entries shall become the property of Sponsor and shall not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Winner Determination/Odds: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, six (6) winners, one in each sector (Business, Community, Education, First Responder / Military, Healthcare, and Technology) will be determined by Sponsor based upon the number of votes submitted for the entries in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. Winner Requirements: The nominees with the highest vote totals in each category will be submitted for final review and approval of the Sponsor, based on all contest criteria and at its sole discretion. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winners will be final. Potential winners will be notified via the email address included in their entry form on or about Monday, April 23, 2018. The Released Parties (as defined below) shall not be responsible for communications that are undeliverable for any reason, including without limitation, as a result of any clerical, technical or computer errors, any form of active or passive email filtering of any kind, insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages or the like.
Acceptance of any prize shall constitute entrant’s agreement and consent to allow Sponsor and its agents to use the entrant’s name, city, state, likeness, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, the Internet, and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except as prohibited by law. Winners will indemnify and hold Released Parties (as defined below) and any licensee of Sponsor harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of the terms hereof. Such prizes shall be delivered at the end of Sweepstakes Period as set forth above.
8. Prizes: $1,000.00 (USD) donation made directly to a designated charity, dinner for four at Chopps American Bar and Grill (not to exceed $500), and 100,000 Marriott points. Sponsor reserves the right to approve or disapprove the designated charity in its sole and absolute discretion. The Average Retail Value of all prizes is estimated to be $1,750.00. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or similar value, at its sole and absolute discretion. A prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Entrant as winner shall be responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, expenses or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of such prize not specified herein as being provided.
9. Release: By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Marriott, Facebook, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, suppliers, and other companies associated with the Sweepstakes and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising from or related to entry, participation in or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use, acceptance, defect, delivery of, or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to, technical, mechanical, computer or typographical errors associated with the Sweepstakes, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, liability, loss, damage, judgments, demands, law suits, proceedings, cost and expenses (including attorneys fees and legal costs)
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. If the Sweepstakes is terminated, then Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible submissions received up to time of such termination. Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it believes to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and to void all associated submissions by such entrant. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be deemed to be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law or in equity. If Sponsor determines in its sole and absolute discretion that it cannot continue with the Sweepstakes due to events beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction or the like, then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes. Sponsor’s failure to enforce the terms of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any such provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties shall not be responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Sweepstakes; (d) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, prize delivery, email, postings and/or any other kind of electronic communications; (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; (g) misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof; or (h) any unauthorized third party use of any Submission. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages. Entrant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief, in accordance with applicable law.
13. Winners List/Questions: To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Boston Marriott Burlington
Attention: “Chopps Champions”
1 Burlington Mall Road
Burlington, MA 01803
Requests must be received within sixty (60) days of the end of the Sweepstakes Period. All questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor at the above address.